What is the Price of Your Childs #ExecutiveFunction Skills? / #ADHD #autism #edchat #learningdisabilities



What is the price of your childs executive function skills development? Does that price increase or decrease according to deficits and disabilities that they may have? How do you go about best empowering them without breaking the bank? How do you know if the abstract and concrete interventions being employed will bear fruit? 

How frustrated are you with your child’s progress? Do you feel the school is not getting your child to ‘the promised land?’ That is to say, do you feel that if you just rely on school support,  the instructional approach and their instructional execution that your child will exceed your expectations of their overall executive function skill and hemispheric connectivity development?

Experience tells me as a Private Special Educator of over 12 years across Massachussetts, Hawaii, Connecticut, New York and Puerto Rico that relying on just the schools to catapult the mental/ emotional development of a child with ADHD or autism is as naive as thinking you can surf a meager 15 foot wave on Hawaii’s (Oah’u) famed North Shore where I used to live (and surf 10-15 foot waves like nothing).

It really becomes a question of who can deliver what and how fast. Time is of the essence, and as a Educator and Entrepreneur I recognize that its all about performance… my performance and its connection to creating successful developmental outcomes in children and adults with executive function skill deficits, autism or ADHD. In fact, I am fully aware that my livelihood depends on my machine like ability to empower and facilitate that my students transcend their current situation. I make it a priority then to strip down, disrupt, and outflank even myself. I don’t sit still with my instructional approach but am constantly adapting, shifting, evaluating, fine-tuning and keeping a critical eye on the tools and strategies I use.

Giving an individual or a parent the best bang for their buck is important. Time and money are factors I am keenly sensitive to. These two are supremely important to the individuals and families I work together with.

What is the price of your childs executive function skills development?

Its priceless… just make sure you don’t throw your time and money down the drain by bringing in a coach/ Educator who simply can’t deliver observable, rapid improvements in the skill areas you are looking for.

Who delivers?


Coach Bill Stowell-Alonso, MA SpEd delivers.

Comments