A Poem: A Christian Confronts The Simulation / #positivedisruption #freedom #liberty

Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Proverbs 16:19

God through Solomon

……………….

Part 1

a man of sorrows,
you came unto your own,
and your own received you not

Creator of Heaven and Earth,
your visage was marred beyond recognition by those you created

Love itself, knowing the end from the very beginning
You suffer the vessels of wrath
staking your life as a ransom for your peculiar children

Your sons and daughters you make kings,
we cast our crowns before your throne

Called because we are drawn
Hope, our expectation of things to come

My Lord and my Redeemer,
Here I stand doing all I can do to endure

Your words are sweeter than honey and the honeycomb
and your spirit comforts my weary soul

Joyfully, I despise the shame
Joyfully, I despise the persecution

………………

Part 2

With my own heart-eyes I saw man’s system
I stood in front of it beholding its corrupted simplicity

My sister knocked on the door
I opened at the right time and was warned
Then I remembered she was like an eagle
Watching out for my soul
Her strength and sight for a time and a place

I walked away from what I saw
and turned not to take one last look
She stayed behind to confront
Then I woke up and realized
how much I am loved..
how you keep me from strife

how you see me as I truly am
beyond the earthy eyes of man

And what of my sister?
Am I not her keeper, as well?

With your spirit
I turn back for her soul
facing all that which is and will soon be not

………………………

Part 3


The Lord be with me
though I fall seven times He raises me up
The Lord be with me
that I may stand with this love given to me

The Lord be with you
that you may see beyond the trappings of this life
The Lord be with you
that you may recognize what is important

The Lord be with us
He makes us conquering conquerors
His kingdom is even here
His little lights, a royal inheritance
called to shine hope and brightness into dreary darkness

Comments