A broken and a contrite heart..


Like a mountain buffeted by the elements
Like a rock broken into grains of sand
I am become like a vessel of clay
that is being reshaped

Like a tree that loosens its leaves in Autumn
Appearing to wither, yet in a process of renewal
Initiated by not myself

Have I asked for this process?
Has the LORD taken me by the hand?
No longer wanting to trust in my own power,
But in a strong foundation that cannot be moved
A strong Fortress, a High Tower,
A shield from the ambitions & desires of this world

Though the sea may sweep over me,
and my tears form rivers,
I have been given faith to endure
I have been broken
My spirit has become contrite
My heart hopes in Him

For more, go to http://www.CoachBill.US
Twitter.Com @CoachBill007
Instagram: CoachBill007
Youtube: CoachBill007

Comments